Since it was first introduced, MyWi has become one of the most popular WiFi tethering apps. Now an upgrade, MyWi 7.0, has recently been released and it has been already voted the best app in this category. The new app is a complete rebuilding of MyWi 6.0 from scratch and offers faster WiFi tethering speeds for iPhones on iOS 7. The app is designed to work with all jailbroken 2G/3G iPhones and iPad and iPad2 firmwares 3.1.2 and up.
The features of the MyWi 7.0 include:
- Being able to create a mobile WiFi hotspot anywhere that lets you share your iPad or iPhone’s Internet connection with multiple mobile devices by tethering them.
- Prevents unauthorized persons from sharing your WiFi hotspot through 40 bit and 104 bit WEP security.
- Allows you to tether using Bluetooth or USB.
- Displays up and down bandwidth usage for iPhone USB or WiFi tethering.
- Makes it easier to create a connection by broadcasting the Network Name (SSID) without the need to create an ad hoc network.
- Uses native routing to create faster connections and reduce battery usage.
Steps on how to get a cracked version of the MyWi 7.0:
- Jailbreak your iPhone. This will allow you to use any service provider you want without having to be confined to a specific carrier. For example, a jailbroken iPhone will accept any GSM sim card from any carrier worldwide. In addition, when you jailbreak an iPhone you have access to more features since you can now use it with an unlimited variety of third-party apps that allow you to do things such as change your ringtone to a custom one and record videos. You can jailbreak your device using a number of free tools that you can download, such as evasi0n which will allow the phone’s firmware to accept apps that are not from Apple. Once you’ve installed the program, follow the directions in the prompt to jailbreak the phone.
- If you don’t have it yet, install Cydia into your device. Cydia is the program that you will use to download software on an iPad or iPhone that has been jailbroken. You can also easily download Cydia online. Install the program on your mobile device and follow the prompt. If the program has been installed correctly, a Cydia icon should appear on your desktop.
- Look for MyWi 7.0 using the search function. Make sure that the app that you download is compatible with the iPhone or iPad version you are using. Install the program. Note that once you install it you are entitled to a three-day free trial, after which you will have to pay a one-time fee to continue using the program.
- You can also try looking for MyWi 7.0 apps on Cydia repositories which host packages. But you should be careful which one you use as you may end up downloading malware onto your mobile device.
- It should be noted that jailbreaking your iPhone or iPad may invalidate its warranty or cause damage to it.